Setting arrival date manually

This is the Mailtraq Peer Support forum. Get assistance using and managing Mailtraq, and help others solve problems too.

Setting arrival date manually

Postby NCG » Mon Jun 29th, 2015 2:38am

Mailtraq Version: 2.17.7.3550

I have installed Mailtraq two days ago and it works fine. Added IMAP, migrated a few thousand Mails from the old archive - all good and well.

Now last night I started adding mails from an active POP3 mail account at our internet service provider (ISP). Polling the mails worked fine, routing them into the right mail accounts, too... but...
All mails got the "arrival date" stamp of the moment Mailtraq polled them from the ISP POP3 account. Now that is an issue as the ISP POP3 account in question contained 10 months of Mail. And now they are a total chaos when I open the Mailtraq webmail UI as it sorts mails by their mailtraq arrival stamp.
This will also be an issue in the future as Mailtraq will not be running 24/7 but only when needed. So I trust the arrival timestamp of the ISP POP3 account more than the poll time.

So here is what I need to do for all Mails already polled (one time batch job):
Search for all Mails with an arrival timestamp between 28. Jun 2015 20:00 and 28. Jun 2015 22:00 (the window during which the polling from the ISP POP3 account took place)
For each Mail:
Read header information
Search for arrival timestamp in the ISP POP3 account (identifyable by domain name ISP.com)
Set mailtraq arrival timestamp to ISP POP3 account timestamp

So here is what I need to do for all Mails that will be polled in future (permanent running script):
On arrival of new Mail:
Read header information
Search for arrival timestamp in the ISP POP3 account (identifyable by domain name ISP.com)
Set mailtraq arrival timestamp to ISP POP3 account timestamp

I have a vague idea that the scripting language might be the right approach. Is that correct? And any idea where to start?
NCG

Re: Setting arrival date manually

Postby NCG » Mon Aug 10th, 2015 2:53am

Hm... absolutely no answer in 40 days. Not even a one line telling me my question is "impossible" to answer.

Doesn't really help my trust in the support of Mailtraq.
NCG

Return to Mailtraq Support