Cannot import certificate from SSLs.com

This is the Mailtraq Peer Support forum. Get assistance using and managing Mailtraq, and help others solve problems too.

Cannot import certificate from SSLs.com

Postby bob17233 » Sun Apr 26th, 2015 10:21am

Mailtraq Version: 2.17.7.3516

Hello,

I also encountered the access violations in Certificate Manager (see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2116), so I thought I clear all certificates from Mailtraq and start from scratch.

Before I had certificates from StartSSL which worked fine, but they are expired now. Today I bought one from SSLs.com (a Comodo/PositiveSSL reseller).

What I did:
1. Created a CSR in Mailtraq Certificate Manager (RSA/SHA1/2048 bits)
2. Went to http://www.ssls.com and bought a certificate using the previously created CSR
3. Downloaded the certificate from SSLs.com (Format: Base64, xxx.crt)
4. Went into Certificate Manager -> Import -> Pending Certificate Request -> Paste Certificate Text -> leaving blank Passphrase -> OK
5. Got error message "Warning. Invalid Certificate, Certificate format not supported or Password incorrect"

The certificate I received from the reseller look fine so far. To me it seems I am missing a step somewhere before to create the password? Could someone please explain to me what the problem is?

Thank you.
bob17233

Re: Cannot import certificate from SSLs.com

Postby HAERAY » Tue Oct 06th, 2015 5:18am

Mailtraq Version: 2.17.7.3562

Hello Bob,

Did you make headway on this issue. I'm having the same sort of problem but, even with the error the certificate imported. However; The intermediate certificate fails... I got my positiveSSl's (as a bundle...) first through a reseller and the second one directly from Comodo. Same problem in both cases with a fresh start in between the two efforts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
RAy
HAERAY

Return to Mailtraq Support