Cannot import certificate from

This is the Mailtraq Peer Support forum. Get assistance using and managing Mailtraq, and help others solve problems too.

Cannot import certificate from

Postby bob17233 » Sun Apr 26th, 2015 10:21am

Mailtraq Version:

I also encountered the access violations in Certificate Manager (see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2116), so I thought I clear all certificates from Mailtraq and start from scratch.

Before I had certificates from StartSSL which worked fine, but they are expired now. Today I bought one from (a Comodo/PositiveSSL reseller).

What I did:
1. Created a CSR in Mailtraq Certificate Manager (RSA/SHA1/2048 bits)
2. Went to and bought a certificate using the previously created CSR
3. Downloaded the certificate from (Format: Base64, xxx.crt)
4. Went into Certificate Manager -> Import -> Pending Certificate Request -> Paste Certificate Text -> leaving blank Passphrase -> OK
5. Got error message "Warning. Invalid Certificate, Certificate format not supported or Password incorrect"

The certificate I received from the reseller look fine so far. To me it seems I am missing a step somewhere before to create the password? Could someone please explain to me what the problem is?

Thank you.

Re: Cannot import certificate from

Postby HAERAY » Tue Oct 06th, 2015 5:18am

Mailtraq Version:

Hello Bob,

Did you make headway on this issue. I'm having the same sort of problem but, even with the error the certificate imported. However; The intermediate certificate fails... I got my positiveSSl's (as a bundle...) first through a reseller and the second one directly from Comodo. Same problem in both cases with a fresh start in between the two efforts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Mailtraq Support