Message Tracking

Updates on work in progress and information on new features.

Message Tracking

Postby Elric Pedder » Sat Mar 20th, 2010 10:33pm

Message Tracking (Build 2804)

The Message Tracking feature is available to WebMail users and users of the Remote Console. This feature provides you with a short summary of routing and delivery activity for a message sent within the last two weeks. This information can be used to ensure the message has been successfully delivered to a remote host or collected by a local user. It can also be a useful diagnostic tool for system administrators.

This feature was introduced in Mailtraq build 2804.

Using Tracking in WebMail

When a message is viewed in the Sent Items folder, you can right-click on the message content and select Message Tracking. If tracking information is in the database, you can see it in a pop-up window. Note that only message in the Sent Items folder can be tracked, to maintain security.

Tracking3.png
Tracking in WebMail
Tracking3.png (210.22 KiB) Viewed 7921 times

Tracking in the Remote Console

Any message in any mailbox in the Remote Console can be tracked, providing the records are still in the message tracking database. To view the tracking records, right click and select Track Message.

TrackingConsole4.png
Tracking in Remote Console
TrackingConsole4.png (145 KiB) Viewed 7921 times
Mailtraq Development and Escalation Support
Novitraq Incorporated
Elric Pedder
Mailtraq Escalation Support

Message tracking

Postby apurdam » Sun Sep 19th, 2010 7:41pm

Since one of the recent releases, message tracking has ceased to be available in Standard and EWA Webmail.
Each time I click on the button, I get
No tracking information is available for this message. Either the message is too old or you do not have permission to view the tracking because you are not the sender.
This is for a message that I have just sent via webmail, and it has tracking data in the Outgoing Delivery Status page on the console, so I don't think there are any excuses!
apurdam
Expert User

Re: Message tracking

Postby Elric Pedder » Tue Sep 21st, 2010 10:57am

It looks like a recent change to WebMail composition has resulted in the message-id being regenerated, which is needed to connect the message in your sent-items folder with the activity that involves it. I'm working on it.
Mailtraq Development and Escalation Support
Novitraq Incorporated
Elric Pedder
Mailtraq Escalation Support

Re: Message tracking

Postby apurdam » Thu Sep 23rd, 2010 8:08pm

Ta
apurdam
Expert User

Return to Mailtraq News