Mailtraq Release 2.15

Updates on work in progress and information on new features.

Mailtraq Release 2.15

Postby Elric Pedder » Mon Mar 02nd, 2009 11:25am

Today we are proud to announce that release 2.15 of Mailtraq is now available for download. Unlike the previous release, the cycle has been quite short in terms of development. Primarily we have brought the release forward to provide support for AVG8 which was urgent given that Grisoft has just withdrawn support for AVG7. Although support for AVG8 was available in the betas we recognise that some customers will have a no-beta policy.

This release also contains many performance improvements. Most notably, the outbound tracking system now requires much less memory and is considerably faster to use. We will continue to refine this component of Mailtraq but it has already become an invaluable part of administrators' tools for tracking down problems. This is particularly important now that several major domains (such as AOL and Yahoo) are now using policy based blocking that does not include immediate rejections. Mail will sit in the outbox for a long period while Mailtraq repeats the delivery attempts.

We are hard at work on a major revision to the user interface layer of Mailtraq which will makes life considerably easier for administrators. More information on that will follow and when a beta is ready there will be an in-depth discussion.

Top features in this release
  • Support for AVG version 8
  • Performance Improvements to outbound mail delivery monitoring
  • High performance message import with routing and the ability to monitor a folder
Mailtraq Development and Escalation Support
Novitraq Incorporated
Elric Pedder
Mailtraq Escalation Support

Is AVG 8.5 supported?

Postby psmart » Wed Apr 01st, 2009 11:16am

Does this include support for AVG 8.5?

AVG is now pushing the 8.5 update, rather than 8.0.
psmart

Re: Mailtraq Release 2.15

Postby Malc » Wed Apr 01st, 2009 12:31pm

AVG 8.5 works with Mailtraq 2.15 "out of the box" (i.e. no special configuration needed).
Malc
Expert User

Location: London^WSurrey^WEssex^WCambs^WLondon^WEssex^WLancs^WEssex

Postby mollcons » Sat Apr 25th, 2009 2:26pm

I have just upgraded to 2.15 (2066) and already had AVG 8.5 Network Edition installed. Unfortunately, when I check in Mailtraq's Anti-VIrus panel option and select properties for AVG 8, I get displayed a message box which says "(error Catastrophic failure)".

Has anyone got any ideas as to how to rectify this problem?

I am running Mailtraq 2.15 (Build 2066) on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition fully updated on a PC I built myself using an ASUS MB and an AMD CPU.
mollcons
Expert User

Postby Elric Pedder » Sat Apr 25th, 2009 9:07pm

mollcons wrote:I have just upgraded to 2.15 (2066) and already had AVG 8.5 Network Edition installed. Unfortunately, when I check in Mailtraq's Anti-VIrus panel option and select properties for AVG 8, I get displayed a message box which says "(error Catastrophic failure)".

Has anyone got any ideas as to how to rectify this problem?

Was AVG 8.5 working in the previous build? Also, when you say 2066 I'm assuming you mean 2606? Just in case. There are several threads dealing with AVG ([url=http://forum.mailtraq.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1136]AVG 8.0 working?[/url], [url=http://forum.mailtraq.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1235]Is AVG 8.5 supported?[/url] and [url=http://forum.mailtraq.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1136]What about AVG 8.5[/url]) that may be worth checking.
Mailtraq Development and Escalation Support
Novitraq Incorporated
Elric Pedder
Mailtraq Escalation Support

Postby mollcons » Sun Apr 26th, 2009 6:14am

The previous build I was using was 2372. This worked fine with AVG 7, so far as I am aware, but when I checked the new menu option yesterday with build 2606, it displayed the error I reported, so I presume that it does not work. I am not too concerned as all the PC's collecting emails have their own AVG add-in that works with Outlook, but it would be so much better if the AVG add-in worked with Mailtraq first of all.

I did check the quoted threads prior to posting the earlier response, but none seemed to be relavent to the question I raised.
mollcons
Expert User

AVG 8.5

Postby psmart » Tue Apr 28th, 2009 12:46pm

FYI, MT build 2586 is working fine with AVG 8.5.322. It appears as "AVG8" in the ID column of the Antivirus screen.

As a side-note, the AVG installation program no longer provides an option about installing the "resident shield" (it's always installed). So I assume the shield should be "disabled" to prevent conflicts with MT.
psmart

Return to Mailtraq News